Wednesday, July 14, 2010



Name: Timm McIntosh

Record Label: Panic Records

Important Links:
Panic Records


what is your biggest influence in your career with owning a record company?

I'm influenced by the bands that are a part of the label. I gain inspiration from music that I feel is genuine and sincere. If I don't love the bands as people and the music they create, I don't have any interest in releasing it on the label.

What is your plans for the future months with the bands?

Not sure what you mean exactly, but all of the bands are out on tour right now. The Effort is out on their US Tour, Make Do And Mend and Hostage Calm are out on Tour. Lions Lions are in the studio recording their new EP. Run With The Hunted are in the studio recording their debut LP for Panic. Another Breath are in Europe right now. And Man Overboard are heading out on their US Tour in a couple days. Bands are busy with lots of touring and recording right now.

Can you tell us more about WarTime Citizens by The Effort?

The Efforts newest record Wartime Citizens is truly an incredible record. I have been into The Effort since first hearing them back in 2008. I was really excited to hear what would come next after the "From Our Mistakes" 7", because for me, that was a perfect blend of what I thought the Effort was going for. Wartime Citizens did not dissapoint in the least, if anything, it exceeded expectations. The record is politically and socially charged and the music that backs it up is driving and melodic in the way that I've come to love the Effort.

what are the upcoming releases?

There's the Make Do And Mend "End Measured Mile" LP/CD, Run With The Hunted CD/LP, Make Do And Mend / Touche Amore Split 7", Late Nite Wars CD/LP and some other stuff in the works as well, busy as always.

1 comment:

  1. This rules! I used to be all about the B9, and they still are awesome, but I've been liking Panic Records more and more with each new release. Plus they have some locals (The effort, Outrage). That MDAM/Touche Amore split looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete