Wednesday, July 28, 2010


Name: Micheal Martin

Record Label:
Hellfish Family

Important Links:
Hellfish Family





What is your biggest influence in your career with owning a record company?

my biggest influence is art. I want my releases to be more of an art package than just a record in a paper cover. Every person that has vinyl, has a record that they pull out to show people how cool vinyl records and packaging can be. I want every one of my releases to have that. I want them to be as important visually as they are audio wise.

what is your plans for the future months with the bands?

Really just trying to promote our bands as much as possible getting things made and sent out to get the word out about these bands. They work hard, and are good at what they do. I will try my hardest to give them the exposure they deserve.

can you tell us more about some of the upcoming tours and releases on the label?

We have a 2nd press of Expire's 7" "Grim Rhythm" coming out any day now. A double 7" for Between the earth and sky. I had a meeting with them last night and the packaging on this is going to be amazing. Vegas has a LP later this month, and Band of Mercy has a 7" later this year. Expire and Hour of wolf will be doing some touring this Fall in support of their releases. Aside from that always keeping my eyes and ears open for new bands that blow me away and work hard.

How was Sound And Fury this year in Santa Barbara, CA?

Sound and Fury was great minus an incident. Everyone had fun, the sound was great and things were being ran really smoothly. Joey and Ray really put their heart into it and I am glad we could be a part of the fest. Plus that area is beautiful and you cant beat the weather!




No comments:

Post a Comment