Friday, October 15, 2010


Name: Uriah Thomas

Band: Dead End Path

Important links:
Dead End Path





Who is the biggest influence in your musical career?

I don't know if i have much of a musical "career" as i do a musical
hobby. I would say my biggest influences are the other three dudes in
this band that are along for the ride with me while I pursue this
musical hobby of mine, and who knows maybe one day it will be my
career. My Mom is also a big influence because she literally supports
any decision I make with this band and will always give me the best
advice. Little known fact: My mom has the craziest DEP merch
collection of anyone on earth...

What is your favorite part of playing shows?

I hate playing shows. Naw, just kidding. I get really nervous
sometimes before we play like "bigger" shows and I always ask myself
"is it worth it, is being in this band worth this agony?" to which the
answer is obviously always "no" but then i sack up and do it and after
the first 8th of a second into the first song I'm having the most fun
I've ever had. Also, seeing peoples reaction to music we made is
pretty surreal. Oh and meeting new people, I love meeting new people

Do you any plan to be going on any tours?

Actually yes, we just announced a 20+ day winter tour with our best
friends in Stick Together... It's going to be from December 27th until
January 15th so everyone keep a look out and catch that slam jam
hitting a city near you

What was your inspiration to write your album death walks beside us?

I can't really speak on anyone else in the bands behalf about
"inspiration" to write the record, but i think as a whole we just
wanted to make the best record we could. We wanted to prove to some
people we were most than just a "hype" band or some bullshit. I'm
really pleased with the way the record turned out and people seem to
be into it so i guess you could say that's pretty inspiring. As far as
specific inspiration and influence go, the title and i guess even
just the overall theme of the record is facing death. It's a huge fear
of mine and I had to face it sometime, why not on this record...like
"death walks beside us, who fucking cares". If you listen to the
record, every song touches on death.

What was your inspiration for writing the song born into the grave?

That song is actually about a couple different things. Dying,
god/religion, my dad and how they all tie into each other. Mostly my
dad i guess. There is a line in that song about seeing a picture of my
dad for the first time in my life, literally the first time i had ever
seen what he looked like (probably a week before i wrote the lyrics to
this song) and i guess that experience inspired the lyrics. I kind of
like letting people interpret the lyrics how they want though. The
lyrics can be about whatever you want them to be about i guess.
Another bit of inside info, the line "born into the grave" is borrowed
from an Alice In Chains song.

Can you tell us some more about your show at Hungarian liberty hall in
Ronkonkoma, NY on November 12th?

We're playing a slammer gig with Mother Of Mercy, Fire & Ice,
Incendiary and I think a couple more, we're actually doing a weekend
with Incendiary, this show then a show in DC the next night with
Bracewar, Mother Of Mercy, Fire & ice. Both shows are going to be
bonkers. Jake from LI and Darren from DC always hook up cool gigs

No comments:

Post a Comment